It’s been that sort of week at work.
Decided to drown my sorrows in vodka and cooking, so had a punt at a version of this recipe: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/9930874/Wild-rice-with-sauteed-vegetables-and-Parmesan-recipe.html
Rice & Vegetable Bake
One third brown rice to two thirds white rice
Half an onion, chopped finely
Half a courgette, chopped finely
Four large button mushrooms, chopped finely
Vegetable oil, salt, pepper
– Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
– Heat water in a pan, and add the brown rice for 15 minutes. Then add the white rice for another 10-15 (hopefully then the bloody brown rice will actually be cooked through). Drain and rinse with boiling water.
– Heat oil in a wok to medium high and add a small handful of mustard seeds. Fry for a few minutes.
– Add the onion, fry for 5 minutes more.
– Add the mushrooms and courgettes, cook until mushrooms lightly browned.
– Add the tomatoes and puree, salt and pepper generously, cook for a few minutes more until the tomatoes are bubbling.
– Pour into a lightly greased baking tin, and bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
– Serve with a generous dusting of parmesan and a scatter of pine nuts.