Another one, this time a nut and bean roast. A little luxurious with the artichoke hearts and chestnuts, perhaps one to save for a special occasion…..?
Chestnut, Artichoke and White Bean Roast
- White medium white onion, chopped finely
- One clove garlic, chopped finely
- Pack of sweet chestnuts, chopped into chunks
- One tin of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- One tine white kidney beans, drained and rinsed (or other white bean)
- Handful wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Decent handful of powdered parmesan/hard cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, sage and thyme (rosemary couldn’t make it, was gigging with Simon & Garfunkel)
Fry the onion and garlic in butter or oil for a few minutes.
Add the other ingredients, and mix well. Mash a little with a potato masher.
Layer some foil in a baking dish, and pour in the mixture. Form into a loaf or large sausage shape.
Wrap in the foil, and bake at 200c for 25 minutes, then unwrap and bake for 10-15 mins more.