So muggy at the moment! Went round my sister’s house, and sprawled out in deckchairs in the back-garden without fear of burning; so waaarrrmmm, but no direct sunlight. Then we watched England v Russia in Euro 2016 (it pains me to say it, as a long time cynic, but we might *actually* have a side worth cheering on for a change). And, in the spirit of Europe, I knocked up this tasty little paella…..
- Red onion, chopped finely
- Large garlic clove, chopped finely
- One pepper, deseeded and sliced
- Mushrooms, skinned, cleaned and chopped
- Large garlic clove, minced
- Handful green runner beans
- Handful green peas
- Handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Olive oil
- Vegetable stock
- Cayenne, paprika, turmeric (or saffron, if you’re like, well posh)
- White rice
Heat the oil, and add the onion, peppers, ‘shrooms, peas, beans, cayenne & paprika, garlic and a dash of salt. Heat and stir for 5-10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and turmeric (or saffron, if you’re like, well posh). Cook for a couple more minutes then add vegetable stock and white rice. Heat to boil and then reduce to a simmer for around 30 minutes.
Add a dash of lemon juice towards the end. Serve hot.