In celebration of my finally managing to tie a head scarf on single-handed*, I present more soup!
Original from here: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/nov/25/winter-vegetable-soup-recipes-ribollita-squash-and-pasta-thomasina-miers, amended to sweet potato as, whilst I like squash, life is arguably too short to spend a Sunday afternoon peeling one of the frackers, even with Planet Rock’s Blues Brunch grooving on down in the background…..
*I’m sure additional arms are required somewhere.
Sweet Potato, Parmesan & Sage Soup
- Olive oil
- Celery chopped
- One large white onion, chopped finely
- Two garlic cloves, chopped
- Sage, rosemary, chilli powder
- One sweet potato, scrubbed and chopped chunks (of whatever preference you have)
- One baking potato, likewise
- Tin chopped or plum tomatoes
- Dash red wine or balsamic vinegar
Heat the oil in a wok or large pan, and gently simmer the celery, onion, garlic and herbs for 15-20 minutes.
Get on down to a harmonica solo by Bo Diddley.
Add the potatoes, tomatoes and chilli powder plus a little hot water if needed. Simmer until soft. Mash the ingredients slightly to get your preferred soup consistency. Season.
Add a dash of vinegar and then serve, topped with parmesan.