More soothing and nourishing soup, although this one’s a mite spicier with a dose of harissa paste…..
Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Green Bean Soup
- Half a red onion, chopped finely
- Two garlic cloves, chopped finely
- Generous teaspoon harissa paste
- Tin chickpeas, drained
- Green beans, topped, tailed and chopped into cm lengths
- One sweet potato, chopped into small chunks
- Hot vegetable stock
- Tomato puree
Heat olive or vegetable oil in a wok and gently fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
Add cumin and allow to heat until fragrant, then add the sweet potato and coat well.
Mix the harissa and puree with the hot stock. Pour over and bring to boil, then simmer for 40 odd minutes or until the sweet potato chunks are tender. Season.
Add the chickpeas and beans and simmer for 10-15 minutes more.
Serve hot with crusty bread.